INFORMATION SHEET 3)
How to Use Oil Lamp/Incense Burner
1) Fill central hole slowly with vegetable oil.
2) Allow wick to soak up oil for at least 2 minutes.
3) Pull up wick as needed before each use.
4) Light. Stick incense can be placed in the small outer holes hole and lit at the same time if desired.
5) Be sure to douse wick completely when finished or it will keep burning.
ARCHEOLOGICAL INFORMATION: These lamps are based on a Greek/Corinthian design from the 7th c. BCE, but is not intended to be an exact historical reproduction. It is press-molded by hand as in ancient times, but finished in a much more modern technique. Styles A and B are decorated with refined colored clay called engobe, and all are fired a second time with clear glaze on the inside and bottom to make the pieces leak proof.
c/o Julia Passamonti
12 Camino Romeroville
Las Vegas, New Mexico 87701 USA
We are on US Mountain Time (GMT -7)